I change my diaries,
every now and then,
and flip my pages,
to crumble them,
cut those lines
those words, feelings
which I don’t want
or am too intimidated
to acknowledge.
I let those rhymes,
stay unfinished,
in those diaries, pages,
as I push them back
the thoughts, daunting ones
and I crush them down
as they try, to resurface
as they endeavor
to halt me flee from myself.
Am I too scared,
to encounter them?
or too fragile, to accept it?
or unprepared
or I lack the valor
to ogle within myself?
That vicious one,
that careless one,
the one that I have
begun to resent,
begun to resent,
the one that I, yet
somehow wish to sustain
the one that is,
unshackled from the world
the one that does not
meet any parameters,
the one that desperately
seeks emancipation
the one that is still
not losing hopes.
That reckless piece of mine,
that I am crushing down,
in crumbled pieces of pages
that I am turning down
as I run away from myself,
from the self that I adore,
but am too bounded
to applause,
its beauty, its grandeur.
As I am busy,
shooing away these thoughts,
which make me, me
and not an amalgamation
of what others want me to be.
As they, them all
are running in their own lives,
unable to fathom, unaffected
by my unfinished poetries,
and crippling thoughts.
And they mock
they mock as my pile heaps up,
pile of those thoughts
in those turned down pages
which I flipped,
as I pretended to have moved on
And they mock,
they mock those untouched pages
in those bare empty diaries,
congested with void, despair
and thoughtlessness,
that reached its brim
and spilled the beans
of my miserable heart
hence, ripped down
and thrown away
like a crumbled piece of
paper ball.

Loved this.
ReplyDelete